- What Information Do We Collect?
- What Do We Do with the Information?
- What Rights and Control Do You Have Over Your Information?
- What Information Do We Collect?
Personal Information: This is profile information that you voluntarily provide to us and helps identify you when you sign-up, use and/or pay for our services. Such information can include your name, email address, username, password, payment card information, and phone number (if you have signed up for Two-Step Authentication). Personal Information can also include the information of your contacts, in the event that you share content with them, for example, and to the extent that you voluntarily provide this information to us.
Device Information: In order to provide a high-performing service, we collect certain information about your device - such as model number, manufacturer, operating system (e.g. iOS or Android) - so that we can best understand how our application performs on each platform and device.
Usage Information: This is information we collect about users’ activities on the Orbic Gallery Services, including actions users take in their account (such as uploading, viewing, editing, deleting and organising files). When you use the Orbic Gallery Services to store files, we also collect and store the files (including associated metadata, if any) that you upload and save but we do not view the contents of your files.
Also, we do not collect your mobile device’s precise geolocation (i.e. GPS) information when you use the Orbic Gallery Services. However, when or if you use a GPS-enabled mobile device to take a photo or shoot a video, your mobile device’s location information may be captured by your device in the metadata of your photo or video. Accordingly, when or if you upload these photos or videos to Orbic for storage, any location information captured in the metadata of your photos or videos will also be stored.
NOTE: We do use third-party analytics services (such as Google Analytics for Firebase) to collect and analyse usage information pertaining to the Orbic Gallery Services in order tooptimise the performance of our applications. However, we do not use these third-party services to track users individually or to collect Personal Information about users unless we have your active opt-in consent. For more information about Google Analytics, please refer to Google Analytics for Firebase Use Policy .
NOTE:We use the mobile advertising ID of your device (Google’s Advertising ID) in order to show personalised or non-personalised ads with your explicit consent. We don't collect or store any part of this data.
This identifier has been designed by the Google Play Store to aggregate information about a device across applications. This aggregate information is, in turn, used to entice advertisers to bid to occupy ad space on apps like Orbic Gallery when they want to offer a product that might suit a user of that device.
You can opt out of personalised ads by heading to Settings on your Android device or on the Orbic Gallery app.
The advertising partner we work with is AppLovin.
For more information about AppLovin and personalised ads, please see:
- What We Do with the Information
The following describes how we use and share Personal Information collected from users of the Orbic Gallery Services:
- To provide, operate, manage, maintain and improve Orbic Gallery Services: This includes using the information to enable, administer and manage users’ profiles.
- To share with others as directed by users:Orbic Gallery Services may include features that enable you to share your stored files with others, such as friends or family. If you choose to use such sharing features, your information and stored files will be made available to others as you directed and intended.
- Refer a friend: If you decide to invite a third party to Orbic Gallery app, we will collect yours and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. We rely upon you that your third party will consent to receive such an invitation or referral.
- To communicate with our users : This includes informing you about changes to the Orbic Gallery Services, changes to our Terms & Conditions responding to a request or inquiry you have made with us and sending information about the Orbic Gallery Services that may be of interest to you (such as new features, special offers, upcoming promotions, etc.).
NOTE: If you provide us with your contacts (names and email addresses, etc.), we will only store and use those contacts as directed by you, including enabling you to use the applicable file-sharing feature of the Orbic Gallery Services. We will not send any communications (e.g. emails) to your contacts, except as directed by you.
- To share with our service providers: We use third-party service vendors to help us operate, manage, maintain and/or improve the Orbic Gallery Services. It is possible that they may need to access information collected from and about our users (including Personal Information) in order to perform tasks for us. For example, when you subscribe to one of our paid subscription plans, we use a third-party service vendor (who adheres to the Payment Card Industry data security standards) to handle billing and process credit card payments relating to your subscription (please see below the paragraph on “Security”). We require that our service providers limit their use of our users’ Personal Information solely to providing services to us, that they safeguard such information and not make unauthorized use or disclosure of the information.
To protect our rights: We may disclose user information that, in our belief and good-faith, is reasonably necessary to:
- protect the rights, property, safety or security of the Orbic Gallery Services, our users and/or the public (including enforcement of our Terms & Conditions detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- comply with law or legal process (including a court order or subpoena)
- cooperate with law enforcement (including investigation of an alleged or suspected crime, fraud or other illegal activity)
- To complete a merger, sale of business or assets, etc.: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of our assets, your information may be transferred as part of that deal. We will notify you of any such event and outline your choices in that event.
- Right to Control your Personal Information
The below section outlines the key areas of control that you have over your personal information and how it is collected, used and shared:
Access and Ability to Correct your Personal Information: If you are a registered user, you can log into your account to view and update your account information. If you encounter problems, please fill out our contact form .
Opt out or withdraw consent:
- you can sign into your account to view and update the status of your consent. This is available in the Account Settings section of our mobile applications.
- We may send you push notifications from time-to-time to update you about any upcoming events or promotions. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you can turn them off within your device.
Erasure (right to be forgotten):
If you wish to cancel your Orbic Gallery account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, you acknowledge that we reserve the right to retain your information if doing so is necessary to: comply with law or legal process (including a court order or subpoena), cooperate with law enforcement (including investigation of an alleged or suspected crime, fraud or other illegal activity), complete a pending transaction, resolve a claim or dispute, or enforce an applicable agreement between you and Orbic. Please also see below the paragraph on “Data Retention”.
Object to processing of your Personal Information:
You can make the request at any time for Orbic to stop processing your Personal Information and/or stop sending you marketing communications. To update your privacy permissions, please visit the Account Settings section on our web and mobile applications.
If you have questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Other Important Considerations
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as you continue to use the Orbic Gallery Services and, as necessary, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and/or enforce an applicable agreement between you and us.
Cookies and Similar Technologies:
Cookies are small data files sent to your browser when you visit a site.
We use both our own cookies, as well as third-party cookies, to do a few different things:
- Log you in to Orbic Gallery Services
- Remember preferences and settings
- Keep your account secure
- Better understand how people are using our services, and improve and promote those services based on that information
- To promote our services, we use third-party service providers that may set cookies on your device.
Please note that if you choose to disable or reject cookies from the Orbic Gallery Services, the Orbic Gallery Services or portions thereof may become inaccessible or may not function properly. This also helps third-party service providers understand your advertising preferences so they can show you ads that are more relevant to your interests.
Do Not Track (DNT) Disclosure:
We do not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals of web browsers. However, should the industry establish uniform technological standards for recognizing and implementing “Do Not Track” signals, we would be open to following such industry standards.
We use commercially reasonable measures to safeguard the security of the Orbic Gallery Services. When using Orbic Gallery Services, your Personal Information will be transmitted to us in encrypted form using the industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. When you use the Orbic Gallery Services to store content files, during the upload process your content files will also be encrypted using the SSL technology.
We do not however, store your Personal Information (except for your account password) or your content files in encrypted form once the registration or upload process is complete. We use reasonable security measures to limit access to our users’ account information and content to a select few who require such information to perform operational and/or trouble-shooting tasks for us. These parties are bound by strict confidentiality agreements that prohibit disclosure and misuse of such information and files.
When you subscribe to one of our paid subscription plans, we use a third-party service vendor to handle billing and process credit card payments relating to your subscription. Such a vendor is PCI-compliant, meaning that it complies with the Payment Card Industry (“PCI”) data security standards with respect to your credit card information. For security reasons, Orbic does not receive, store, or have access to your credit card information.
Despite our efforts, no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and we therefore can’t completely guarantee the security of our users’ account information and stored files. We will endeavor to notify our users if and to the extent required by law, in the event we become aware of a breach or suspected breach of the security of the Orbic Gallery Services that affects our users’ account information and/or stored files. However, you understand and acknowledge that we are not liable for any breach of security resulting from causes or events that are beyond our control, including, without limitation, your own act or omission, corruption of storage media, defects in third-party data security products or services, power failures, natural phenomena, riots, acts of vandalism, hacking, sabotage, or terrorism. By providing your email address to us, you acknowledge and agree that we may notify you via email regarding an actual or suspected security breach.
The Orbic Gallery Services are not intended for or directed to children under the age of 13. You must be at least 13 years of age to engage in an Identification Activity on the Orbic Gallery Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. Users between the age of 13 and 17 should only access the Orbic Gallery Services with parental supervision and consent.
Notice to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights:
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (known as the “shine the light” law), California residents have a right to request an information-sharing disclosure from a business to which they have provided personal information and which has disclosed the information to any third party for third-party direct marketing uses in the prior calendar year.
We do not knowingly share our users’ personal information with third parties for such third parties direct marketing uses, except with our users’ opt-in consent. California residents may send requests for information-sharing disclosure under this law to us via our contact form (please link with https://orbic.us/pages/contact-us). Please note that, under this law, we are not required to respond to your request more than once in a calendar year, nor are we required to respond to any requests that are not sent to the above-designated email address.
For privacy related questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.For requests or concerns, please fill out our contact form